Angus CouncilTel: 03452 777 778

Welfare Reform


Benefits are Changing

A summary of welfare reform changes.


Scottish Welfare Fund (A-Z)

The social fund has changed. Find out more about the changes and how to apply for Crisis Grants and Community Care Grants.


The Benefit Cap

There are new rules about the maximum amount of benefit payments you can receive.

Bedroom Tax

The Bedroom Tax

Housing benefit claimants who rent from Angus Council or social landlords will only be able to claim for the number of bedrooms they are deemed to require.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit

This is a new benefit which will replace a variety of existing benefits. It will be paid as a single monthly payment.


Challenging a Benefit Decision

There are changes to the appeals.


Disability Living Allowance (DLA)/ Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

There are major changes to DLA for claimants of working age. DLA for adults is being replaced by a new benefit called Personal Independence Payment.


What can I do to help myself?

There are a variety of steps you can take to help you deal with the changes. From getting the right bank account to learning computer skills to saving money by reducing food waste.



Welfare Rights Service (A-Z)

Find out more about this service and its contact details.


Welfare Reform and Benefit News

For the latest issues relating to welfare reform and other benefit issues.


Performance Information

Performance Information

Information on Bedroom Tax/Discretionary Housing Payment/Scottish Welfare Fund.